Nuforce DDA-100 vs NAD D 7050

oivavoi

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hi all, this is my first post here. i've been lurking around for a while, though - great forum!

I'm considering to buy an all digital amplifier or "power dac". My two top contenders are Nuforce DDA-100 and NAD D 7050. I'm going to a store to listen to the NAD next week, but unfortunately can't find any place where I can listen to the Nuforce where I live. There is quite a lot of information and opinions on these amplifiers online, but I haven't found any thread that compares them directly. So I'm wondering whether any of you have had the chance to compare and listen to them?

My impressions from what I've read concerning the differences:
- price: the NAD is twice as expensive
- functionality: the NAD has airplay enabled, subwoofer line out and crossover, and EQ for the speakers if one pairs it with Imagine speakers from their sister company PSB
- sound and consumer satisfaction: however, my impression from various threads is that owners of the Nuforce are on the whole more ecstatic about their amplifier. That is the word I would use. After the break-in period, most people seem to adore this little box, and claim that the sound quality is amazing (even though it's slighly light on the bass). It seems like people who own the NAD are also very happy with it, but they are not raving about it to the same degree. This might partly be because the Nufoce owners paid less, and thus feel that they made a better a deal. I don't know.

Any opinions or experiences? I'll be glad to hear any opinions you have :)

any news on this OP? Have you had a chance to audition yet?

The NAD seem to be doing marvelous job according to some owners feedback but would be interesting what others think of the NUforce

What features is it you exactly want?

I.e usb? Airplay? Wifi for network steaming etc

Also what's the rest of your system like what speakers will it be driving?

@Daforce550: Nope, unfortunately no development! Or - actually I kinda made a decision during the weekend. I managed to get good deals on both of these amps in the second hand market. So now I've ordered them both, and will have them delievered to my home in one or two weeks... And I'll simply keep the one I like the most, and re-sell the other one.

@stitch123 : The main "feature" I'm looking for is stellar sound. So I'll go for the one of these amps that provide the best sound. However, I like to use a sub for some types of music (and movies), so the subwoofer eq and crossover in the NAD could turn out to be very useful. Otherwise: Airplay is a plus, but it's easy to supplement the Nuforce with an Apple TV. Both of these amps are light on wattage, so I will need efficient speakers (now I'm using a couple of budget speakers with my Yamaha AVR). I actually just ordered a pair of Axiom M22 V4s... Never heard them, but they get glowing reviews. Plus, you can try the speakers out at home for 30 days and send them back for no extra charge.

Excellent. Please keep us updated as I'm looking at perhaps getting something for our computer / study room.

Still haven't got any of them delivered, @Daforce550... will keep you posted! However, without having listened to them, I'm starting to lean more towards keeping the NAD. It just has more functionality, and will save me the hassle of buying an Apple TV for airplay (my main mode of listening is streaming from my iphone). AND it seems to have more power, so allowing for a greater choice of speakers.

@stitch123: yap, I read that review. As far as I've understood, it seems like the NAD 3020 and the 7050 actually have different types of sound signature, even though they're both digital. I also considered the 3020, but came to the conclusion that I need a more powerful amp.

Yeah any news? I'm particularly keen to hear your thoughts on the 7050 :).

I'm interested to hear this too. I did own the NuForce amp a while ago and liked it, but I moved it on when I wanted to route my AV fronts through my 2 channel system.

Never tried the NAD though.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom