Nudist beach and nudist things

L

lisa burrell

We are very fortunate in where We live Have several Glorious beaches close to hand. One I am going to walk to in a moment Sandbanks. How lovely it is to stroll along the front. Was wondering We have a nudist beach hear too. which is very popular. That bank which is also hear in the news We are not customers. Yet at least. Seriously.. was wondering your view on Naturism? Are you nudists. Or do you think its very suspect. In our local paper we are told all sorts of Gymnastics are happening over there and have a plain clothed LOL on a nudist beach.. Police Presence.

Do you think its Natural? I mean If you go walk about. cough where do you keep your fags and matches and money. OH you wear a body belt then doesnt this defeat the object of being um naked on the beach.

Imagine you met someone. say they were of outstanding proportions built well Male or female. How do you look into there eyes. Do you mention there dimensions.

Have you ever been to a nudist camp. They say its hard for the first few hours... Now now.. to get adjusted first time must be very difficult. Imagine the snooker room People bending over to play snooker. how could you not laugh. what about the camp disco. Talking about let everything swing. The whole thing sounds ridiculouse. what do you do the guys and gals do about there natural urges. There has to be rules. Imagine Christmas dance when They do the hokey cokey. Not the left leg i am worried about its the shaking it all about.

The whole thing is very bizarre To say the least. come on you nudist talk with us. :) No posting your pictures now.

Lis@~~

http://www.virtual-swanage.co.uk/page.aspx?p=naturist

http://www.juniorsuk.com/images/gallery/large/sandbanks.jpg

studland beach http://www.footscape.co.uk/images/studland.jpg

You just have to wear very dark sunglasses at all times imo :D

Not my cuppa tea though to be honest, but we do go to Swanage every year for a break. Got some info on that big hotel near you, which looked nice until i saw the price :eek:

I think that most of the people who have the urge to walk around outside naked should spend a bit more time with a critical eye in front of a full length mirror before shamelessly inflicting themselves on others.

I like to stroll around halls as I'm too lazy to get dressed - I've got boxers on ;) But if I'm in my room and have just had a shower, my laziness could mean I'm on my laptop or just lying on my bed listening to the radio... cue a mad rush to put something on when someone knocks and comes in (my room is never locked). Its just easier doing things this way. But yes, I could see the other point of view if I was like that in public

I had a go once whilst abroad. No problems other than my wife laughing at me when I came out of the very cold sea :D

I had a go once whilst abroad. No problems other than my wife laughing at me when I came out of the very cold sea :D
What was the temperature in mm? :)

I wonder about the motives of a lot of these parents who decide that they & their families are going to frequent nudist beaches & resorts. Not a nice thing to think about but I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of closet paedophiles knocking about.

Also, I feel really sorry for any teenage lads whose parents make them come along to these places. You've absolutely no control around that age as to what goes on in certain areas :blush:

I think that most of the people who have the urge to walk around outside naked should spend a bit more time with a critical eye in front of a full length mirror before shamelessly inflicting themselves on others.

Sorry but that is precisely the attitude naturism challenges, the idea that the only people who are fit to be seen naked should be those that conform to some notion of physical beauty. Naturists will argue, correctly, that all bodies are ok , what is wrong lies between the ears of those who find something wrong with it.I am all for naturism as long as its confined to specific beaches away from prurient eyes.

actually after spendin some time among naturists( i did on one occasion)the novelty wears off . Naked female flesh didnt arouse any passions anymore than the sight of topless ladies on a normal beach. The sight of a thigh or the top of a womams breasts, which otherwise hidden, might though

I wonder about the motives of a lot of these parents who decide that they & their families are going to frequent nudist beaches & resorts. Not a nice thing to think about but I wouldn't be surprised to find a lot of closet paedophiles knocking about.

Also, I feel really sorry for any teenage lads whose parents make them come along to these places. You've absolutely no control around that age as to what goes on in certain areas :blush:
really i think oyu need top talk to peole who are naturists themnsel;ves before coming to conclusions. Children raised in a naturist environment are not in the slightest bit fazed by being surrounded by naked flesh. To them its normal. Its not the naturist who has the problem but the "textile" with his/her preconcieved notions

Sorry but that is precisely the attitude naturism challenges
I know. What I'm less clear about is what drives them to challenge it in the first place. Are they trying to change something, or make a point?

I'm not seriously against people walking around naked if they want to. But if I was to engage in it myself (which I wouldn't) I would want to make sure that I looked reasonably good in doing so. You might argue that this is conforming to a media-induced notion of beauty, but I see it as a simple matter of self-respect.

Although on the up side they would have somewhere to hang wet beach towels to dry :)

I know. What I'm less clear about is what drives them to challenge it in the first place. Are they trying to change something, or make a point?

I'm not seriously against people walking around naked if they want to. But if I was to engage in it myself (which I wouldn't) I would want to make sure that I looked reasonably good in doing so. You might argue that this is conforming to a media-induced notion of beauty, but I see it as a simple matter of self-respect.
I f they're trying to change something its peoples' prejudices. The idea that there is something kinky in naturism which their isnt.As to you last point fair enough but then they would say that is vanity not self respect.They would consider all bodies to be worthy and not subject to value judgement.If one is in a gym changing room there are bodies of all shapes and sizes , swimming pools have lightly clad swimmers again in all shapes and sizes . Does one spend ones time being judgemental about them? Does self respect come into the equation?
If it wasnt for the fact I dislke beaches i'd go to them myself and I am certainly no physical beauty.:)

....Children raised in a naturist environment are not in the slightest bit fazed by being surrounded by naked flesh. To them its normal.

WRT to paedophiles, the fact that children may not be fazed would be of a concern to me. It's not that there is naked flesh around for which they may not be fazed, but rather that they are naked around people whose motives for participating in naturism may not be entirely innocent.

One aspect of a paedophile's modus operandi is "grooming" where the children (victims) are deliberately place in a sexual context and which to the children appears as being quite "innocent", and hence their acceptance of that behaviour. Each unto their own but I'd be far happier with an age limit imposed to protect the children.

Quote from a Naturist website:

WHAT IS NATURISM? Ask 50 people and you get 50 different answers. Whilst there is no official definition, it could be said: "Naturism is a way of life in harmony with nature, expressed by communal nudity with the aim of furthering the respect of oneself, of others and that of the environment." Others describe naturism as "a sensible approach to wearing clothes".

Naturists come in all shapes and sizes and of all ages – from the newly-born to those over 80. Many of us are interested in sports or outdoor living but others prefer just to relax. We are labourers, managers, clerks, civil servants, artists, farmers, doctors, etc.: we represent all walks of life. By undressing, you strip yourself of any false attitudes and of any outward signs of your social position in daily life. Without clothes, the employee is on the same level as the boss, and for many this turns out to be one of the most beneficial elements of Naturism.

Naturists are also more relaxed about the human body. We are more aware than others that human beings are born with soft skin which wrinkles later in life, that some are fat, others thin, some are tall, others short; having been struck by illness or accident, some remain scarred for life – we are simply men and women. Naturists don’t worry about how they are made – they prefer to let their true personality radiate.

We have in common our deep love of nature and the respect of all beings and things. What then is a naturist? Probably someone just like you and us.

WHAT DOES NATURISM BRING? Better physical health through direct contact with the natural elements. Good moral health through the spirit of tolerance, brought about by the practice of communal nudity and the invigorating atmosphere of the naturist environment.
AND THE CHILDREN? By nature, all children are naturists from birth: children dislike wearing clothes, they enjoy going around nude. Children who have been brought up as naturists become adults without all the hang-ups which can hit their non-naturist friends. Their natural curiosity is already satisfied as they know and accept the human body, because they are used to seeing everybody in the nude, from the youngest to the oldest.

WHY BECOME A NATURIST? Everybody who swims nude in a private pool or in quiet spots along the coast, those who sunbathe all over on their balconies, those who like to sleep, read or even do the housework nude, they all know how pleasant it is to be without clothes from time to time. Nudity is as old as mankind itself – nobody waited for the swimming costume to be invented before learning to swim!

It's interesting to note the following from the quoted text:-

If indeed

Nudity is as old as mankind itself

and given mankind's ancient history on language, defintions and etymology, I find it curious as to why

....there is no official definition

Perhaps it indicates that this type of "behaviour" in the past has just been as unacceptable to the majority of the society as apparently it is today. :confused:

Question: did "ancient" humans decide to cover up because
a) Losing full body hair, as our evolutionary path deviating away from our primate relatives, meant we required an artificial means of staying warm (obviousness of necessity during ice age notwithstanding!)
and/or
b) "Christian" reasoning - i.e. society deemed it shameful and required all to cover up
And the applicability of either to today's world

I presume say 80% a) and 20% b)?... although based on London girls in this weather... :devil: :D

You've absolutely no control around that age as to what goes on in certain areas

I'm told control diminishes with age...

It's interesting to note the following from the quoted text:-

If indeed

and given mankind's ancient history on language, defintions and etymology, I find it curious as to why

Perhaps it indicates that this type of "behaviour" in the past has just been as unacceptable to the majority of the society as apparently it is today. :confused:
well of course there are still tribal groups here and there that shun the use of clothing.Unacceptabilty only occurred within certain societies - the so called civilised ones.

well of course there are still tribal groups here and there that shun the use of clothing.Unacceptabilty only occurred within certain societies - the so called civilised ones.

Of the "tribal groups" reported in the media that I have seen, all wear "modesty" flaps worn around their waists, but that may be more of a protective measure than not! I mean, who would freely run through long grass on a hunting trip! :eek: Cue "Umatingy" joke. :D

The idea that there is something kinky in naturism which their isnt.
I'm not sure anyone has suggested that it is kinky ...

They would consider all bodies to be worthy and not subject to value judgement.If one is in a gym changing room there are bodies of all shapes and sizes , swimming pools have lightly clad swimmers again in all shapes and sizes . Does one spend ones time being judgemental about them? Does self respect come into the equation?
I'm sure they would consider that. But is it not in our nature (through instinct and/or conditioning) to form an opinion (and hence judge) anything that falls outside of what are considered acceptable standards or boundaries? I don't buy or read gossip magazines, but isn't their high popularity predicated on a desire to judge?

If it wasnt for the fact I dislke beaches i'd go to them myself and I am certainly no physical beauty.:)
I don't like sitting around on beaches. Especially not naked with sand getting everywhere :eek:

Just to add some personal experience.

Was in Germany Cebit, stayed in a hotel with swimming pool. Guess what, it was a no swiming suit/trunk required type. Thought having a go with what the locals do. It was one of the most stress relief session I had. There was the regular pool, a cold pool, hot jucuzzi, sauna, stream room and a freezing ice room with ice everywhere. Try all of them and came back in one piece (nothing was frozen or fallen off :rolleyes: ).

Have to say the feeling was rather 'free' and relaxing.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom