1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NuBee question here, regarding denon 2805

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by Arkham Insane, Apr 17, 2005.

Tags:
  1. Arkham Insane

Arkham Insane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, ive planned my home theatre now am will get going after my exams have finished. Its a lot expensiver than i though. I was wondering, do i need a seperate amplifier if i buy the denon 2805 receiver? Is it essential, optional or unneccesary? the source will be a denon 2910, speakers canton 2.22 's and the display a sony vpl hs50 projector. The room aint that big at all but big enough for the short throw projector.(Gotta work a couple months to save up!) incidently what do you think about this combination? any flaws? thanks in advance

2. anotherdavid

anotherdavid
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    i would suggest you try it out on its' own first and see how it sounds & performs before looking at an external amp

you say the room is not too big - the 2805 might be OK.

I ran my 2805 in a fairly large room and it coped, although I did add a power amp in the end.

the power supply on the denon is not the largest going around

3. Harry T2

Harry T2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +10
    A receiver is an integrated amplifier and tuner together in the one case.

I am not familiar with the Cantons, but I don't think you would need to bolster the power amp section (that comes with the 2805) with additional power amp.