• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

Nu8000 auto game mode wont work?

Got a 65 inch Nu8000 and auto game mode wont work? Its greyed out and tv doesnt auto pick like it should that its an xbox? Ive tried everything and all settings its driving me insane? Ive reset tv and the xbox still the same. Input says unknown rather than coming up with xbox logo please help ...

I can turn it on manually but it was doing it auto?? Also the tv doesnt recognise it as an xbox (where the logo comes up) it just says unknown. Im on official firmware and tried all hdmi ports.

Foster1984

Prominent Member
Is the Xbox running directly to the TV or is it going through a sound system?

For auto game mode to work, the Xbox needs to be connected directly to the TV.

Superflyguy_uk

Established Member
I had something similar happen when I swapped out my slim for the x and it tured uhd mode off on the hdmi port, I ended up disconecting the xbox from the tv, turn off tv, turn back on and reconnect the xbox again when turned on, then swith uhd mode back on the hdmi port or something along them lines for the tv to recognize the xbox

Is the Xbox running directly to the TV or is it going through a sound system?

For auto game mode to work, the Xbox needs to be connected directly to the TV.
Yes pal its directly connected
I had something similar happen when I swapped out my slim for the x and it tured uhd mode off on the hdmi port, I ended up disconecting the xbox from the tv, turn off tv, turn back on and reconnect the xbox again when turned on, then swith uhd mode back on the hdmi port or something along them lines for the tv to recognize the xbox
Il give it a try mate

Superflyguy_uk

Established Member
Sorted it I had to use the smart remote after tv reset to get it to recognise the xbox? How stupid is that lol
Something so simple, too many remotes sometimes, glad you sorted it.
Might be worth checking hdr options on Xbox to make sure you're getting the optimum from it, thats if you own one of the latest models.

Last edited:
Something so simple, too many remotes sometimes, glad you sorted it.
Might be worth checking hdr options on Xbox to make sure you're getting the optimum from it, thats if you own one of the latest models.

Have done mate yeah its an xbox one x thanks all running as it should again :D

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom