Nu3000dsp

ewizzy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
I have been looking at the dsp software for the pc that came with the nu3000dsp. Does the behringer dsp only allow you to boost at 20hz up? I can't find anywhere that let's you boost lower frequencies.

The DSP is limited to 20hz and above. Boosting below 20hz isnt a great idea anyway, but with a wide band Q you can set a boost centred at 20hz and its effect will extend well below it. You can also use the LS filter to boost the low end output of the subwoofer.

geckodan said:
The DSP is limited to 20hz and above. Boosting below 20hz isnt a great idea anyway, but with a wide band Q you can set a boost centred at 20hz and its effect will extend well below it. You can also use the LS filter to boost the low end output of the subwoofer.

Thanks for your reply dan,

Could you give me an idea what a wide band Q is? And an LS filter too :blush:
Struggling with some of the terms :laugh:

Thanks again :)

With parametric EQ such as that in the DSP, you can choose the frequency that the filter is centered on, and then the 'Q' which is essentially the width of the filter. So, if a wide Q is used, then the width of the EQ filter is wider, meaning it affects more frequencies either side of the center frequency. Just to confuse the issue, the bigger the Q number, the narrower the filter!
An LS filter is 'low shelf' filter.
This is a decent article to help understand EQ and filters. EQUALISERS EXPLAINED

Thank you very much for that, I actually understood :blush: :laugh:

I shall read the article you linked to as well.

Again, thanks for the reply.

I'm assuming on the parametric eq, if I select a ls filter at 20hz is it better to use an LS6 filter? That's 6 db per octave, is that right?

There's so much to learn :rolleyes:

I'm assuming on the parametric eq, if I select a ls filter at 20hz is it better to use an LS6 filter? That's 6 db per octave, is that right?

There's so much to learn :rolleyes:

TBH I have no idea, but it makes sense. Reading the manual online, it appears that you can choose LS6 or LS12. The LS6 will be a gentler slope than the LS12, so it depends on how dramatic you want the boost below 20Hz.

I'd recommend you download and install the software for it. Even without an amp connected (I tried ;) ) you can still see what the different selections do to the response to get familiar with them. I also played with the dynamic EQ setting which was interesting: Possible to set a boost at say 20Hz that gets less as the signal level goes up which is kind of like an automatic 'loudness' circuit. It also protects the driver from too much boost at higher levels, as does the separately configurable limiter.

iNUKE Remote Connect Software v1.1 download from this link:

Behringer: iNUKE NU3000DSP

Thanks for the reply. I have downloaded the software, and have had the sub running on the amp. Sound great, but could do with better understanding of the terms. I'm slowly getting to grips with it though :)

Hi all, could anyone tell me if the dsp can be used to set a subsonic/highpass filter,I'd like to cut my subwoofer off at around 15hz ?

Looking at the software control it seems to only allow a setting of 20Hz for the filter. However, you would need to set this higher than the 15Hz cut off you require anyway since it has to roll off from some point higher. So I think this would do what you require: It allows up to 48dB/octave, using either the Butterworth or Linkwitz-Riley options. This should at least considerably reduce the level being sent to the driver in the case of a high level signal at 15Hz on the disc.

Can i ask why you want to do this , is it for safety reasons.
I like to listen at reference level & my IB can play very low frequencies at high levels,the really low frequency stuff on some movies gets uncomfortable & shakes doors etc in the house

Looking at the software control it seems to only allow a setting of 20Hz for the filter. However, you would need to set this higher than the 15Hz cut off you require anyway since it has to roll off from some point higher. So I think this would do what you require: It allows up to 48dB/octave, using either the Butterworth or Linkwitz-Riley options. This should at least considerably reduce the level being sent to the driver in the case of a high level signal at 15Hz on the disc.

I don't necessarily want to cut it dead at 15hz but significantly reduce the level from that sort of frequency,ideally I'd like to set the filter lower than 20hz but as you say I could just use a gentler slope like 12db per octave from 20hz

Hi,
Allthough the amp starts at 20hz you can set it to help cut 10hz and less i use it for this purpose and the red highlights are the part that cut sub 10hz for me ;)

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    66.1 KB · Views: 179
I like to listen at reference level & my IB can play very low frequencies at high levels,the really low frequency stuff on some movies gets uncomfortable & shakes doors etc in the house

There is no help for you my friend other than suggesting you buy a good pair of headphones:devil:

is your ib system 8 ae drivers.

very nice i bet that sounds just mental, how much power they getting each,

very nice i bet that sounds just mental, how much power they getting each,

I have a QSC rmx2450 driving them,they are wired parallel for a 2ohm load per channel,I can't remember what the amp makes into 2ohms but it did trip out during Skyfall at reference level.

I'm considering an nu-6000 dsp & wiring the drivers series parallel for an easy 8ohm per channel

Last edited:

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom