1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nu / Tri Vista gear. Worth the effort?

Discussion in 'Hi-Fi Stereo Systems & Separates' started by The Duke, Oct 30, 2005.

1. The Duke

The Duke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have been coming across various Tri Vista gear on the 2nd hand market.
    An integrated amp and the SACD player.
    In particular, the KW/SACD player interests me.
    Should I be aware of anything?
    They do not seem to hold their price well 2nd hand.
    How long do the valves last?
    You got a 2nd set of valves too from new if my memory serves me correctly?
    After how long do they expire?
    Is there a replacement of any sorts?

Sorry.
    Many questions.

Thanks

Tim

2. Nic Rhodes

Nic Rhodes

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,277
    They are made by Musical fidelity, warts and all.
    They are made in small quanities hence their resale value, not really a true reflection of their 'quality'.
    The valves will last ages and ages and will out last your use, even before the replacement is needed. Caps are more likely to need replacing than the valves. They are widely available despite how MF promote them as buying the worlds supply. They seem to have done this a few times!!

3. rigman

rigman

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +59
    Yes I was seduced by the blurb for the Nuvista series and bought an amp and Cd player. Then they brought out the Trivista and then the 21 grand KW only to replace it with a cheaper version. It is good marketing but annoying.

However after 5 years I have yet to hear a finer CD player and amp. My system sounds fantastic and it still sends shivers down my spine even today.
    Before I bought this lot I was upgrading and losing a fortune every year. It would be nice to get a KW but I cannot see how it could be any better. If you can get them at a good price then snap them up

My speakers are Ruark solstice again limited editions but beautiful both in quiality and sound.