NTSC to PAL convertor

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by morrisb, Aug 2, 2001.

1. morrisb

morrisb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    A mate of mine has got a digital TV that won't handle NTSC. Does anyone know of a decent NTSC to PAl convertor that he could try?

He's using a chipped Tosh 100E if that makes any difference.

Cheers.

2. morrisb

morrisb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Sorry, don't see where else this is answered...

3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    If you see the bit above that is set for 20 days and set it longer you might pick up some more answers.

What you neet to know.

If a NTSC disc is played does the TV display perfect picture but black & white, or a rolling screen.

Black & white.

Possible causes, <br />1) Scart lead not fully wired, as you say your mate has a digital TV, by a scart lead where the packet says all 21 pins wired, connect to the scart that supports RGB and set the DVD to RGB (if possible), you might also try svideo scart at both ends.

2) Second aproach is a converter, I got one from alfaglade, also does SECAM (for tapes) and shags macrovision so you can tape the DVDs if you want to.

Rolling picture

You need something to convert the scan rate as well as the colour, £300 is the rough price, if you can't find the site I'll try to look.

Be care not all scan rate converters are equal, you can spend £800 and not be happy, get a recomendation from a satisfied punter. There is a good review of the one I'm thinking about in Satalite times (aug edition) I'll try to post more later.

Sorrry about being rude but this question gets asked again a & again

Dave

4. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Read the posts below. Jeezus H ....

5. morrisb

morrisb

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thaks for that. I'll pass the info on.

Didn't this site used to have FAQ section? At the minute it covers just how to use the board.