1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntsc to pal 50

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by axis45, Jul 31, 2001.

1. axis45

axis45

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi guys,just wasted £500 on a Pioneer dv 737 to discover I can't use it for vcr recordings cos it outputs pal 60,not pal 50 used by vcrs in this country,now on the lookout for as good a dvd player as I can get that will output ntsc at pal 50,reading some reviews I think the Samsung 807 looks a good bet,but does anyone know for sure that it outputs pal 50,some of the reviews seem a little unclear-the machines should have big stickers on them saying "yeh or neh",that would make it easier.
    p.s I know you can use a standards converter but it don't seem worth the hassle unless you can afford a really good one,anyone had experience with a top spec player with a converter,do the results make it worthwile or is it better just to stick with a lower end player that does the conversion for you. Kind Regards.

2. Reiner

Reiner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    The question is actually why you want to do that!? Ok, it's your business but the 737 will definetely outperform the Samsung and offers better / more features.

3. Fartpants

Fartpants

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Your options are

1) Buy something that outputs PAL50, but then you might still need a macrovision disabler.

2) I saw a good converter that did the scan rate as well, just under £300

3) I bought a thomson Scienium, really nice VHS deck that records NTSC 60hz as well as PAL and SECAM, it does not convert, but if you are only doing this for your own use this would not be an issue.