1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ntsc scart cable?

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by hitmanuk2k, Jul 21, 2004.

1. hitmanuk2k

hitmanuk2k
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, i have a scart cable which makes my ntsc playstation 2 games work in colour on my standard television (the regular ps2 scart played them in black and white)...

i am wondering if anything such is available to make dvd's (region 1) play in colour on my television? i have tried using the same scart i use for my ps2, but it still plays the dvds in black and white.

2. FoxyMulder

FoxyMulder

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Perhaps you need to go in the menu system of your dvd player and change it to ntsc or automatic as far as tv system goes, my Toshiba is set to automatic, perhaps your player is set to PAL and that's why it plays NTSC as black and white.

3. Simon6776

Simon6776

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +33
    If you have an old TV, which isn't NTSC compatable, then I think you'll need an NTSC - PAL converter, from the likes of Maplins. If it's a fairly new TV, then I would agree with Foxy, in that you probably need to change some settings.

4. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,102
    Moved to TV forum

5. fatbob

fatbob
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Go into your dvd players setup menu and make sure it's outputting RGB from it's scart socket.

Some older tv's have a problem with NTSC if the signal is composite or s-video, but will play back NTSC in colour if the signal is RGB.

6. brummybloke

brummybloke
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    as fatbob says, basically get your self an rgb scart lead an plug it into the rgb scart at the back of your set and hey presto full colour films.

now you can watch all the dodgy copies of spiderman 2 ( good quality actualy)( alledgedly) to your hearts content.