NTSC query...

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by Dumbo, Feb 4, 2005.

1. Dumbo

Dumbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Being not technically minded at all, could somebody please tell me if I would be able to watch a DVD bought in Japan? They are Japan Region 2 in NTSC format (whatever that means).

I have a multi-region DVD player.

Many many thanks.

2. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,273
    As long as your TV is able to handle a 60hz NTSC signal then you should have no problem playing the DVD but if you told us the exact make and model number of your DVD Player someone should be able to give you more info.

Also, it doesnt matter if your DVD Player is multi-region or not as Japanese DVDs are Region 2 coded just like UK DVDs.

3. Dumbo

Dumbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks.

The DVD player (well, recorder actually) is a Toshiba RDXS32. My TV is a Sony 32" something or other.

I'll have a go and see what happens.

Ta

4. GalacticaActual

GalacticaActual

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    as long as the dvd player is connected to the tv via a scart lead and the dvd player is set to auto mode for the signal type, then you should have no problems.

5. Dumbo

Dumbo

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thank you - now all I have to hope is that the DVD I bought from amazon japan has an English audio option!! - am I being toop hopeful or is it more likely than not that it will?

6. Miniholic

Miniholic

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +398
    If it is an English language film then I doubt you will have a problem, as most Japanese discs feature the original language. Do a search at DVD compare as they give comparrisons across different regions.