• New Patreon Tier and Early Access Content available. If you would like to support AVForums, we now have a new Patreon Tier which gives you access to selected news, reviews and articles before they are available to the public. Read more.

NTSC Playback On 24"

Damo121

Established Member
When I play R1 DVD's on my Toshiba 24", I get a purple line down the right hand side of the screen.

Can anyone advise me if this is fixable in the service menu.

Cheers

Damo :)

Petey

Established Member
Are you running your dvd player through an RGB scart socket on your TV?

Damo121

Established Member
Petey said:
Are you running your dvd player through an RGB scart socket on your TV?

I am running the DVD player through RGB output which goes in to EXT 1 of the tv, nothing says that it is RGB enabled on screen, but would of thought it is.

Cheers

Petey

Established Member
Usually there is settings on the dvd player itself to configure what signal is being output from the scart socket.

composite
s-video
rgb

Only reason I ask this is because when using an RGB signal the image sometimes shifts to the left, which can leave a tiny black border down the right hand side of the screen. This is not always the case but it may explain your the problem you're having.

To test theory try selecting a different signal for example composite or s-video. If these aren't selectable try plugging the dvd player into a different scart socket than ext1. As I'm guessing that only ext1 is RGB enabled on your tv.

Damo121

Established Member
Petey said:
Usually there is settings on the dvd player itself to configure what signal is being output from the scart socket.

composite
s-video
rgb

Only reason I ask this is because when using an RGB signal the image sometimes shifts to the left, which can leave a tiny black border down the right hand side of the screen. This is not always the case but it may explain your the problem you're having.

To test theory try selecting a different signal for example composite or s-video. If these aren't selectable try plugging the dvd player into a different scart socket than ext1. As I'm guessing that only ext1 is RGB enabled on your tv.

Will give it a whirl, and see what happens.

Many Thanks Petey

Damo121

Established Member
Damo121 said:
Will give it a whirl, and see what happens.

Many Thanks Petey

Cheers Petey. :clap:

I finally got round to changing the settings on my DVD player and its fine on the video output. :smashin:

I might upgrade my cheap gold plated argos scart lead sometime though.

The latest video from AVForums

Spielberg, Shyamalan, Aronofsky, Chazelle, Eddie Murphy and Mel Gibson - all the latest movies
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Support AVForums with Patreon

Top Bottom