1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC picture shift with KD32DX150

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by spl23, Jan 15, 2004.

1. spl23

spl23

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +384
    Hi All,

I've spent the evening playing with my new Sony KD32DX150, and I have to say I am finally a happy bunny. I tweaked the geometry slightly in the service menu, and the picture is really good.

Only one small snag, which I can probably live with, but I was wondering if there might be a service tweak for it. The picture is perfectly aligned for analogue and digital broadcast, and PAL signals (RGB and composite) from my Pioneer DV-656. However,
    NTSC signals from the Pioneer cause a shift of about 2cm to the left of the picture. With the Pioneer in NTSC mode, this is more pronounced with RGB than with composite (i.e. composite doesn't shift by as much); with the Pioneer in pseudo-PAL mode, both RGB and composite shift to the left by 2cm.

Is this just a general problem with NTSC, or is it something that might be tweakable? (Or, God forbid, is it a manufacturing fault with the TV?)

Many thanks for any advice.

Simon