1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC Panasonic 32pl10 opinions please

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by Dunkwho, Jun 27, 2002.

1. Dunkwho

Dunkwho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +24
    Hi all,

I'm seriously considering picking up a 32pl10 at the keen prices that they seem to be going for at the moment. There doesn't seem to be a huge amount of comment on these in this forum (is this good because it means they're ok sets, or bad because nobody owns one ... i wonder ? :) ). The 2 comments that I have spotted are to do with moire on NTSC discs (r1 and 3) and black bars on the screen. The black bars I should be OK at spotting on demo units, can I get some feedback on moireing with these 100hz sets specifically before I drag a player out to some stores for a demo (oh yes mr dixons man, i'd like to try and play a R1 dvd on your display dvd players please - PAH!).

Are there any other thoughts on these sets? I plan to use RGB scart from my tivo plus svid from a dvd player (there is only 1 rgb scart right?).

Cheers

Duncan

2. shaunthedude

shaunthedude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have had several Panny sets and all of them except their RP sets suffer from MOIRE on reg 1 discs. The dark bands I could live with but the moire was really annoying. I rang Panasonic up and they told me that MOIRE is a common thing with their tvs and is NOT a fault. If you watch a lot of reg 1 discs then I would not get a PAnasonic. Apart from the MOIRE I found them to be great sets.

hth

shaun

3. Jarvo

Jarvo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've only recently read about moire problems with with R1 DVD's and Panasonic TV's.
    I have a TX-32PK20 (replaced by the PL10), a Pioneer DVD-535 and some 60+ region 1 discs and I'm yet to see a single problem.

See if you get a friendly dealer to let you try out some R1 discs with a PL10 then if your happy, say thanks and order it from somewhere cheaper.