NTSC/PAL probs with R1 and video projector

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by stuart1, Jan 13, 2001.

1. stuart1

stuart1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Can anyone help? I have a Region 1 Pioneer DV-K102 DVD player and a multiregion Pioneer LC-10 portable. Whenever I try to view any of my Region 1 American DVDs through my video projector the picture is b+w and rolls. I understand that this is because both players convert from NTSC to PAL 60 and not regular PAL 50. It may also have something to do with Macrovision. What can I do about this? I don't want to have to repalce equipment. Can I buy/make a simple conversion unit?

2. HT Dude

HT Dude

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    How are you connecting your players to your projector?

3. Stuart Wright

Stuart Wright
    AVForums Founder Staff Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +9,608
  4. stuart1

stuart1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks, but tried them - they can only suggest the expensive digital standards convertor. The cheaper analogue version is not suitable.

5. stuart1

stuart1

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have tried SCART and BNC. Projector also has 9pin RGB input, but as it is a PAL only projector and I can only supply NTSC or PAL 60 to it I don't think that is the answer. I have been told that I need a £299 digital standards convertor which I don't want. A PAL60 to PAL50 convertor would help, but where can I get one?