NTSC + PAL on same DVD ?

Discussion in 'Movie Forum' started by shabbyroad, Aug 27, 2002.

1. shabbyroad

shabbyroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Does anyone know of any DVD-Video that has been released with NTSC version on one side of the disc and a PAL version on the other ?

If so I'd really appreciate if you could contact me at [email protected] - I'm doing some research for a work related project. I need to find out the title of the movie and track down some more information on the production of the disc.

2. PoochJD

PoochJD

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,861
    Hi Shabby,

I doubt you'll ever find ANY DVD with that kind of combination of factors on it. Normally, a film or TV show that is designed to be watched in both European and US territories, will be recorded only in the NTSC format. It wouldn't be cost-effective for any company to release a disc with both PAL and NTSC transfers on it, not to mention kind of a redundant feature.

Good luck, but don't hold your hopes up too high for this one.

Pooch

3. shabbyroad

shabbyroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the reply Pooch.

In my case it might well be cost effective since it would mean only one production run of a Region 0 Disc.

I have not been able to find out for sure if all PAL DVD players can playback NTSC DVDs - if that were the case then we could use the US NTSC master and ensure it's a region 0 disc.

4. Confucius

Confucius

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +132
    There is one that I know of, available only from Fanderson is the DVD of 'The Day After Tomorrow' - aka 'Into Infinity'.

LINK

5. shabbyroad

shabbyroad

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks ! It looks like what I need.

6. Roswell

Roswell

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The Shamen also have a hits DVD which is PAL on one side and NTSC on the other!