1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC on KV28LS60

Discussion in 'TVs' started by Stiesto, Jan 3, 2003.

1. Stiesto

Stiesto
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've noticed that the comet site states that this television ISN'T NTSC playback compatable. Could anyone with this TV check with an R1 DVD or something as I'm planning on buying it. It seems kind of dumb having a new model like that and not being NTSC compatable, but there you go.

2. fozzybear

fozzybear

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    They said that about the KV28LS35 that I bought from them, but according to Sony it plays NTSC - and it most certainly does, I have tested this with R1 dvds and NTSC laserdiscs. Since the LS60 is pretty much the replacement for the LS35 I would be extremely surprised to find that Comet are correct about this. If you are concerned then try looking for this information on some other sites - especially the Sony site, or on usenet.

3. chung54

chung54
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've got the 32LS60 and I mostly buy region 1 DVD's which play no probs on the TV.

4. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    The LS60 is DEFINITELY NTSC compatible. As you can see from my DVD collection, I'd be stuffed if it wasn't :D

5. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    To add to previous, with my LS60, can't see any difference between R1 NTSC and PAL.

6. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I can certainly tell the difference, but that's just NTSC for you (especially on CRTs and especially without progressive scan) :)

7. paperclip21

paperclip21

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I guess the Sony is just a bit better than my old TV with NTSC - a Sanyo that showed significant Moire with 60Hz signals.

So, I had to choose between that or a juddery NTSC to PAL50 conversion...

Too many years with an old TV!! In comparison, watching R1 Gladiator now is just so easy...believe me, it used to be painful.

8. Squirrel God

Squirrel God

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Gawd, yeah that does sound painful :eek:

The differences are subtle, but as you say, the LS60 deals with NTSC brilliantly.

Just to clarify, the differences I see are those inherent in the PAL and NTSC standards themselves, and are nothing to do with the TV being at fault or not coping well :)