NTSC NES 2 Connection to PAL TV

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by adrian29459, Feb 5, 2009.

1. adrian29459

adrian29459

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Hi, apologies if I've posted this in the wrong forum, I'm having trouble connecting my recently purchased NES 2 to my samsung LCD. For those of you who dont know, this is the NES 2 NES 2 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia , a redesign of the original NES console only released in Japan & USA. The console only comes with an RF output (unlike the original NES with composite video also). The cable for the RF output is an american F type connector http://www.wagglepop.com/auction/images/imgupld/441818_1.jpg which wont connect to PAL TV's since we use the Belling Lee RF connector. I purchased a coax plug to F socket adaptor and I managed to get a grainy black & white picture on my LCD with no sound.

Does anyone know of a way to get a decent connection from a NES 2 to an european TV?

Cheers

2. NST

NST

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +57
    The NES 2 unfortunately lacks an AV output which would work on your TV, so the only real option is internal modification of the console.
    This normally involves removal (or disabling) the RF modulator, and/ or tapping audio and video from the modulator's PCB connections.