1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NtSC Interference on plasma

Discussion in 'Plasma TVs' started by steevs, Sep 28, 2003.

1. steevs

steevs

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +70
    I have a bit of a problem with my screen, although not totally happy with my PQ it is pretty good on dvd via component, only problem is region 1 dvd, this seems to attract a fair bit of interference ie diaganol lines which is very offputting. I spoke to my manufacturer who has informed me it is caused by some kind of electrical interference in my house somewhere. I have never heard of this problem so I was just wondering if any of you guys have come across anything similar? Also if you have short of tearing all my wiring out is there anything I can do to combat it?

Thanks

Steve

2. briandzo

briandzo
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    make sure your display is actually displaying a 525 line ntsc image, rather than your dvd converting your region1 and displaying it as pal. As standards conversion within the dvd players are usually very bad.

therefore goto your dvd menus and make sure dvd is set to 'multi' or 'auto detect' in display options.