NTSC Gamecube games on PWD7

is1111

Prominent Member
Reaction score
looking for anyone's opinions on how american ntsc gamecube games look on pwd7 or similar screen. looking to add to my collection of games but as ntsc games are little harder to come by wanted to see if anyone had any opinions on whether i should just stick with uk pal games or go for the ntsc games that also offer 480p .i managed to get hold of the official japanese gamecube component cable and thought i would be best to get american ntsc games as most of them have 480p mode. The only ntsc game i currently have is resident evil 4 and i cant really see any difference in the picture when i play the game in progressive scan mode or when i load in normal mode and let the plasma convert the signal. hard to compare the difference as you have to reboot the gamecube to change into progressive scan mode so you are comparing from memory. as the difference seems minimal if any on this game wondered if any real noticeable difference on other games. also which is best in general ntsc or pal on a PWD7.

seen loads of gamecubes in the plasma out for the lads post so hopefully quite a few opinions.
cheers

It is noticable, Put something like Zelda: Wind Waker or F-Zero on and it's quite an impressive difference.

I got an NTSC gamecube before I got my Plasma screen though, so it was more of a happy bonus that I can play 480p games aswell.

Gary A

sorry gary can you confirm that you mean the ntsc version of zelda/f zero will look much better than pal version on plasma?
i actually have a pal gamecube but have freeloader to allow me to play ntsc games. f zero is one of the games i am looking to get but not sure whether to get pal or ntsc. pal can be had pretty cheap now as it is available brand new for £19.99 on the nintendo players choice so could probably pick second hand one up even cheaper.
quite happy to pay extra for an ntsc one if it looks better though.

cheers

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom