1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTSC Compatibilty

Discussion in 'Nintendo Forums' started by El Chuncho, Jan 12, 2005.

1. El Chuncho

El Chuncho

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks...

Like a lot of people I'm currently caught up in Resident Evil 4 hype. Consequently, I've decided to go ahead and purchase Resident Evil 4 and Freeloader on import for my UK Gamecube.

Thing is, I'm an import virgin as it were, and wondered if anybody could answer a couple of questions that have been nagging at me today.

Does your TV have to be NTSC compatible in order to play an imported NTSC game, even if it has been booted up with Freeloader?

If my TV (a Samsung TI-14N3) isn't NTSC compatible, will the game play but in horrid black and white, rather than colour?

I'd be relieved if anyone can help out with this. Thanks in advance. :smashin:

2. Rob20

Rob20

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +354
    Yes you need a tv capable of NTSC 60hz. And it will probably display in black and white if at all. The FL disc just allows you to play foreign films, it cannot convert the signal from NTSC 60hz to pal 50hz I'm afraid.

3. Indiana Jones

Indiana Jones

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +6,301
    Freeloader just changes the region coding on the Gamecube so you can play games from the US or Japan, it doesnt change games from NTSC60hz to PAL50hz. However your Gamecube it will output US/JAP games as PAL60hz so as long as your TV was made within the last 10 years, has an RGB enabled scart socket and you are using an RGB Gamecube Scart cable you shouldnt have any trouble.

The only thing I can suggest to make sure is trying out a UK game that has a 60hz option like Resident Evil Zero/Remake, Star Wars Rogue Squadron and testing to see if your TV can handle the 60hz mode, if you get a colour picture you wont have a problem playing Resident Evil 4.