ntl + ?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by tiger3176, Jul 29, 2004.

1. tiger3176

tiger3176

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hello all, sorry if this sounds thick, but I'm new to all this. I've got NTL at the moment. I've emailed them to see if they will be getting a system like Sky+. They haven't replied. Has anybody heard that they will. If not I will go over to Sky to get their system. Thanks in advance.

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    Doubt it Latest boxes are upgraded but no record facility, it possible DMR-E85 and second box but not a one BOX solution.

3. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    NTL not replying to email, shock horror probe! It'll be all over the daily mail tomorrow. No, sorry I have it round the wrong way. You make the headlines if you get a reply. NTL have no money, and as they own all the hardware, it's unlikely for the forseeable future, but if they don't do it eventually they will be out of the TV business methinks. Telewest have on occasion been rumoured to be 'working on a system', but AFAIK just rumour. Your best method with NTL is a Tivo box, but this is still only 1 channel. Personally I have an s-vhs recorder and a Pace twin freeview box. I use the s-vhs very occasionally, only when it's a non terrestial channel. As I don't have sports channels, that's not often.

4. Roohster

Roohster

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,468
    I don't know about NTL's cable service, but as a company, they suck!
    I was with them for two years as a broadband customer and have never experienced such bad customer service :mad:

Sack them and get SKY+

5. MAW

MAW
    Banned

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +412
    Funny you should mention that, I'm thinking of doing just that, their email has fallen off the planet recently. they've had 2 total outages recently, 1 for almost 24 hours. They may really be in trouble. But they cannot be allowed to fail, as they are part of the governmen't drive to digital TV and broadband internet.

6. HMHB

HMHB

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,962
    I have to agree about their absolutley awful email service - it's a disgrace. But, the actual broadband interenet connection has always been good for me, so what I might do is set up email elsewhere. When I last complained to NTL about their shocking email service they said that they didn't have an obligation to provide email - just the connection !!! When I asked them if they were ashamed of the service they were supplying there was no answer ;)

7. sanjsanj

sanjsanj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi all,

something i posted elsewhere that really applies here, please take the time to read and do something if you have NTL; (here is the link to the original post incase anyone is interested http://www.tivocommunity.com/tivo-vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=203611)

=====

I got NTL and am totally unhappy with how much I have to pay and what I get for my 29 squid a month, below is a copy of a letter I'll be mailing today with addresses and numbers for OFCOM (Office for Communications) with whom you can make a formal complaint about any communications or broadcast body and for NTL themselves.

======

To: Customer Regulatory Manager
    NTL Home

Dear Sir or Madam,

I own my own business, have been a UK resident for many years and have been an NTL customer for a few years now. I am writing to complain about the total lack of value in NTL's digital cable service. A comparison with other providers such as Sky outlines the major differences;

With NTL I pay £29 a month, if I paid Sky £2 a month more I could have a whole host of dozens of extra channels to choose from on the basic package such as ZeeTV, StarTV Asia, StarNews, fashionTV, etc etc.

And for that £31 a month Sky also give you all their movie channels, INTERACTIVE digital and rental of a Sky Plus personal digital video recorder. Can you imagine how much I would be asked to pay per month by NTL if i wanted movies and the asian channels?

Why do NTL customers have to continuously pay over the odds for a fair service? Why has NTL not produced it's own series of PVR's? There's certainly no shortage of people willing to pay for such a service.

NTL have raised their prices whilst simultaneously dropping channels and lowering the standard of their broadcast and customer services.

I have filed an official complaint at OFCOM and will be advising everyone I meet who's unhappy with NTL to do the same and I hope something is being done to address these serious issues.

Thanking you sincerely.

======

OFCOM:
    http://www.ofcom.org.uk/
    0845 456 3000
    or
    020 7981 3040

NTL:
    http://ntl.com/index.html
    0800 052 2000
    Send mail to: Customer Regulatory Manager, NTL Home, Wigmore House, Luton, BEDS LU2 9EX

If you feel the same way about NTL please write them a letter or at the very least please call OFCOM and file a quick complaint with your issues, it only takes two minutes and makes a big difference.

It's NTL today, who knows who it will be tomorrow, and who knows how we could improve broadcasting for all TiVo users.

=====