1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL shoot themselves in the foot !

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by monkeyleader, Nov 9, 2004.

1. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    So was on the blower to NTL getting my modem fixed after the upgrade from 1mb - 1.5mb (oh thats a point - you might want to check your settings. I noticed a distinct loss of performance on my link and my TCPIQ results proved this - so the bloke at NTL just logged onto my modem and did some gubbins - he now says the config file is saying 1.5mb - before it was saying 1mb) Its worth checking people - at least reboot your modem )

Anyhows I digress .. was looking at their service status and came across

On the morning of Thursday November 11th between midnight and 6am:-

Broadband customers in Northfields, Cambridge, Canniesburn and the surrounding areas may experience a loss of connection for a few hours due to network resegmentation work.

**** **** **** - So im going to go get HALO2 at middnight and then come home to no network .. buggar .. I mentioned this to the bloke on the phone and he was like .. awwww crap .. we are going to get soo slated for this !!

Doh !

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    OOOOOOOOOOPS Well at least they upgraded you to 1.5Mb

3. Marc

Marc

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1,081
    i am on 1.5mb as i moved house conveniently at the time 1mb was being changed over to 1.5mb meaning the installation guy gave me a new modem already configured to 1.5mb. I had a bit of hassle cos i had to register it with a pin number he never gave me, but a phone call to ntl sorted it out. Other than that, according to the person i spoke to, you do need to reboot your modem or in some cases have the modem replaced to get the speed increase.

4. Synchronicity

Synchronicity

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +214
    Sooooo,you get your copy of Halo 2,imerse yourself in the singleplayer game,honing your skills for a few hours whilst NTL carry out maintenance in your area so you have less problems with your connection.The next day you connect to XBox live and kick ass.

That does indeed sound like a diabolical situation :rolleyes: ,how will you cope? :laugh:

5. monkeyleader

monkeyleader

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +90
    Lets just say Im sure there are a few people in these areas who will come home, probably ******ed up, and want to get on live ASAP - not being able to will suck ! I agree however Im sure I can imerse myself in the single player for until Thursday morning before going online.

And you know the nice thing about it ... Ive got 11th-22nd November off work just to game - people say Im mad but Ive still got a bit to finish in Doom3, GTA SA, HALO2, Half Life2 and of course PES4 and FM2005 to get rocking .. what an imense time off its going to be :)