1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL Remotes designed by a leftie!

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Gemini-Phoenix, Aug 18, 2005.

1. Gemini-Phoenix

Gemini-Phoenix

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +13
    Don't mean to be a one track record here, but after deciding that various Sony portable music players (Mainly Mini-Disc's) were designed by a leftie, my attention was shifted to my NTL remote...

Everything about it screams "Leftie" ~ I don't use it much, but when I do actually have a spare hour to sit and veg in front of the Tv, I find it quite painful to use in my right hand. All the controls you mostly use are on the right hand side (Such as the channel up / down select), but to use them comfortably, the remote really needs to be sitting in your left hand with your left thumb used to control it...

If you try to control it with your right hand, you find that it has to be carefully balanced for you to apply the right pressure to the required buttons.

Another flaw I find using the NTL remote is the fact that the numbers are down the bottom... Now the NTL remote is a funny shape underneath, and this makes it difficult to hold whilst pressing numbers with one hand. Thus, it usually takes two hands to enter the channel number you require...

Of all the designs they could have come up with, and this is the best? At least Sony remotes are ambi-dextrous, and can comfortably be used in either left or right hand

2. Grobnic

Grobnic
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Lefties rule OK :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

3. Greg Hook

Greg Hook
    Moderator & Reviewer

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    In a secret location with Jennifer Lawrence
    Ratings:
    +7,066
    At last, things are turning to our side of the force!