NTL Pace STB Output Choice

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by mattrixdesign, Feb 4, 2004.

1. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I need to connect my NTL STB to my JVC W/S TV.

However, the TV only has 1 X SCART (RGB), 2 X SCART (S-VIDEO/STANDARD), 1 X S-VIDEO.

SCART RGB - connects to my Toshiba DVD (reading on this forum I believe my Tosh may out put better on S-Video??? If so which, S-Video via SCART or via S-Video Connector :confused:)

SVideo Connector - connects to my PS2 (thing is the TV wont auto detect when I switch on my PS2:( )

This leaves my STB going through standard SCART, picture is OK, but not great. There are only two outputs options on the NTL menu, RGB or Composite :rolleyes:

OK, I know Sky is better, I wish NTL would update their boxes and give us digital out etc. But Sky just aint an option as NTL is a better buy with BB and phone line.

What to you wise ones advise... :lesson:

2. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    NTL on RGB if not using a VCR you can DVD>ntl>TV AV1 all on scart both set to RGB when ntl is off or instandby DVD will be displayed. SET ntl for WS 16:9 as well.

3. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for reply, not sure I understood your message.
    The STB is set to WS 16:9
    I guess you are saying plug the DVD player in to the STB, then the STB into the TV? Should I expect to loose quality when watching DVDs?

4. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,218
    shouldn't really notice it. or set DVD to output S-video and use AV2 (if you cant get DVD to output S-video over scart dont worry all you need is a cable)

5. mattrixdesign

mattrixdesign

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Well I did read that Tosh DVD players can perform better on S-Video. I will try SVideo via SCART tonight, alternatively I will try it via S-Video connector, but I dont have a decent S-Video cable.

I did try to out put my PS2 to S-Video (via SCART) but picture was crap.