NTL or Sky

Y15HAL

Have purchased a new Samsung LCD TV. Am happy with the quality with dvds, but when watching sky, the picture is pixelated. The tv has a built in freeview which is very clear compared to the sky. If i was to change from Sky to NTL, would there be a difference in quality? I have an amstrad box which is around 3-4years old and only has a scart connection. The scart cable i am using is decent quality and was recommended by many people off the forum. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks

yorkyred

Have purchased a new Samsung LCD TV. Am happy with the quality with dvds, but when watching sky, the picture is pixelated. The tv has a built in freeview which is very clear compared to the sky. If i was to change from Sky to NTL, would there be a difference in quality? I have an amstrad box which is around 3-4years old and only has a scart connection. The scart cable i am using is decent quality and was recommended by many people off the forum. Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
I tend to think the quality of NTL pictures is slightly better than Sky on the whole.

However I also have to say that I find Samsung LCD tv's to be very poor with SD. You will find many owners who have commented on the problems with pixelation.

So you may find an improvement but don't expect it to suddenly look great.

tigershuffle

Novice Member
Hi, Ive got my LG 32LC2DB on NTL and with Philips gold scart recommended in these forums and my picture is v.good, although i did have to adjust to the setting posted elsewhere in these forums. ITV footie is still probably the poorest alongside old programs on Ukgold etc.

Id definitely try the Samsung settings posted elsewhere for trying to improve your pic.
Good luck (or jump ship to NTL for tvdrive offer:smashin: )

Lunar Humps

Novice Member
Outside of the picture performance debate, its worth remembering that NTL-Telewest is presently cutting its workforce fairly drastically, particularly across customer services (possible future outsource) and network engineering. Product development, especially the TV product, has taken a huge hit.

Bottom line - if youve been happy with Sky in the past then Id be wary of switching over for just a subjective picture improvement.

B

buzz12078

hi can any one help me i got a plasma tv from sky and after 2 years its gone down on me . i cant get a picture on it just green and pink lines it is running from my ntl box any help thank you

MI55ION

Distinguished Member
hi can any one help me i got a plasma tv from sky and after 2 years its gone down on me . i cant get a picture on it just green and pink lines it is running from my ntl box any help thank you
Have you checked the cables and isolated the problem? Have you tried it with other sources e.g. ps2, dvd, vcr etc?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom