Ntl On Sony Bravia - Terrible Picture

S

Standfree

I have just bought a Bravia (32"KDLV2000) from 247 Electricals on the internet. I also had NTL installed and have to say that the picute is very poor on terrestrial channels and Sky Sports is fairly poor. Paranoia makes me think I have received a Grey Import from 247 but this may not be the case. It may be that I need a new NTL box. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Having spent a grand on a TV I have to say I am fairly disappointed with the picture quality.

makey

this might help
make sure you connected with scart
and try to put it in scart socket 1 (usually rgb)
go to settings in ntl menu and change to rgb enabled and widescreen
this should make a differnece

mike7

Standfree said:
I have just bought a Bravia (32"KDLV2000) from 247 Electricals on the internet. I also had NTL installed and have to say that the picute is very poor on terrestrial channels and Sky Sports is fairly poor. Paranoia makes me think I have received a Grey Import from 247 but this may not be the case. It may be that I need a new NTL box. Does anyone have any opinions on this? Having spent a grand on a TV I have to say I am fairly disappointed with the picture quality.
See my reply on the NTL forum. makey has it right !

S

Standfree

Not sure if I get free view or not. Do you need an analogue aerial for this? All I have connected is the NTL box (PACE) and when I try and tune into any digital channels it says that it can't find any.

Changed to RGB and widescreen but some ITV programmes are still fairly pixelated.

Koala

Novice Member
Standfree said:

I dont know if you have looked at other threads of this forum about the Bravia but the out of the boxs settings are pretty terrible!! The set usually needs a bit of tweaking to get things right,

See : http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312863&highlight=bravia

and http://www.dvdtimes.co.uk/content.php?contentid=61818

S

Standfree

Koala, Mikey and Makey

Cheers for all your advice with this. Your right, the out of box settings are terrible and when I changed to RGB on the NTL box channels improved alot. Asked NTL if I could change my box from PACE to Samsung but was told that the Samsung box doesn't work in my post code. Think this might be porkies. Anyway, just wanted to say cheers for the advice, you've all been a huge help.