NTL offer 25 free channels whats the catch?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by dgj, Jun 26, 2001.

1. dgj

dgj

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a phone call tonight from NTL, apparently I am a valued customer -yea right- so I can have 25 extra channels for my existing subscripion and after 30 days they contact me to see if there are any channels I do not want. Would I be right in thinking after 30 days I get a call to say my subs go up if I still want the "free" channels? anyone else had this type of phone call? PS just checked and found the Adult/Playboy channels are not included, BUGGER!

2. Diane

Diane

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I had a call from NTL last November about the same sort of thing. I was offered the family pack for £11/mth rather than the normal £25/mth with the first month free. Only thing I had to do was to "keep" my phone line with them.
    Mind you, when I received my bill, they had put the £25!! I actually cancelled it within the first month and said for them to take the box away. They were HORIFIED!! they did say I could keep the box and have the free channels though. Think they are just the same as what you get on a freeview box.