1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL in two rooms

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by tricky05, Mar 6, 2005.

1. tricky05

tricky05

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hey, I'm new here and not so clued up on this subject. Please forgive me if this question has been asked before.

I live in Manchester and currently have an NTL (DI4000-N) box in my living room, I also have NTL broadband and NTL phone. I want to recieve NTL channels upstairs ( Not just teresrtrial channels) without paying the extra subscription fees. I have seen various NTL boxes on ebay and am well aware that these are being sold illegaly but i am willing to bend the rules. I have considered using a Video sender off Maplin but using this you are unable to change channels upstairs and you can only watch the channel that the source is watching.

Is there anyway to get Cable TV upstairs whilst being able to switch freely between the channels upstairs and downstairs. There surely is a way to do this. Thanks, Rick

2. vgopal

vgopal

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi, im pretty sure what you need is a f-type splitter on the signal thats incoming to your house. from this you can run 2 boxes and change channels on both, only costs a couple of quid from maplins.