1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL Digital to I-scan HD+

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by absthechatter, Apr 17, 2005.

1. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I have the iscan connected to my plasma via DVI and my DVD/HDR connected to iscan via component. I now want to add my new NTL Digital Samsung box (SMT-2100C) into the equation.

The Samsung box only has 2 scart RGB out and no separate audio. My question is, can I use something like a QED scart to 6 BNC/Phono to connect to iscan as RGB sync plus L & R audio, or do I need to take the electronics route with something like a JS Tech converter. If I can go the scart to 6 BNC route, any recommendations for what to get??

Many thanks

Abs

2. topkiddy

topkiddy
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
  3. hornydragon

hornydragon

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Somewhere near the M4 most of the time......
    Ratings:
    +1,215
    RGB+sync on 4 BNC or RCA is fine as is using the Audio RCA outs. that is probalbly the best method for the kit you have, (i would also strongly reconemnd having all ISF calibrated to get the best out of your investment), Any particular reason why you are using DVi and not RGBHV?

4. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Would RGBHV be better than DVI to the plasma?

I must admit, this is setting up a friends system, not mine. I have mine set up just as I like them. Having done than I thought I was a bit of an expert and offered help (wish I hadn't!!) There is a lot more to this AV stuff than I thought.

5. absthechatter

absthechatter
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Thanks Topkiddy, I think that is exactly what I want. I should have found that in the search (but I think I only searched through the scalers and progressive scan threads!)