Ntl:Digital (Sorry is this the wrong forum?)

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Bubbauk, Mar 13, 2005.

1. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    I am looking to get an additional ntl:digital box in my room for £15 a month from ntl. The only issue im having is that i dont think i can get surround sound with it because their boxes dont have a digital out. Would it be possible to request a box that has digital audio out from them or could i buy my own box (and how much?) and then pay less per month?

ANy help would be great thanks :)

2. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +975
    NTL do not broadcast DD5.1 audio at all.
    None of the PACE boxes have optical or coaxial digital outputs, not seen the latest Samsung so can't comment on that.
    You will be able to access Dolby Surround from the stereo output from any NTL D STB when coupled to a suitable amp or telly, Dolby Prologic II can work wonders:)

You can not officially buy NTL Digital hardware, they do not supply any retail outlets nor can you legally connect hardware to their network. Any boxes you do see for sale will be either stolen of never collected and being dumped on the market to support piracy of the NTL service.

Considering that NTL supply and maintain the STB a £15 a month charge isn't that unreasonable, SKY charge less per month but you then have to pay for the digibox, hook up a phone connection and cover any faults outside of the warranty.

3. Bubbauk

Bubbauk

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Ok cheers, i will be getting it in the next few weeks, just would have prefered better than the stereo output but i will see how dolby prologic 2 sounds.