1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL digital set top box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Jen, Jun 17, 2002.

1. Jen

Jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,

Well, today all my plans have changed! Sky have been round and said they cannot install a satellite and digibox at our house because of the tall trees we live next to.

So, I'm left with NTL. I have a lovely new Panasonic TH37PW4B plasma, a SQART cable and a RGB SCART to VGA converter box to connect it to my screen. My question is does an NTL digibox have an RGB enabled SCART output?

TIA,

Jen

2. mandlebrot

mandlebrot
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Yes mine does. I know for sure the 1000 and 4000 series of pace NTL digital boxes have got RGB scarts cause I have had both, you have to specify in the interactive menu though. Try to insist that you get a 4000 series box cause I had nothing but lockups with both TV and broadband on the 1000 box and from what I can gather the 2000 series is just the 1000 with a differen't facia.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    SKY installers are on the clock so if any job is too complicated then they will say it can't be done and be off to the next job.
    Before you give up totally it might be worth asking an independent about the trees.
    The Pace di4100 supplied by NTL has RGB output.

4. Jen

Jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. Well, at least I know about the NTL box now!

We did wonder about that Starburst. Is there a list of recommended independent installers anywhere? I live in Farnborough, Hampshire, can anyone could recommend an installer in that area?

Would I have to pay for them to come and survey the situation?

Jen

5. Jen

Jen

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Thanks for the replies. Well, at least I know about the NTL box now!

We did wonder about that Starburst. Is there a list of recommended independent installers anywhere? I live in Farnborough, Hampshire, can anyone could recommend an installer in that area?

Would I have to pay for them to come and survey the situation?

Jen

6. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    A quick flick through the yellow pages or thomsons directory should provide you with a list of authorised SKY installers and that's really all you need. They will all have the technical ability to install a satellite system but unlike a SKY installer they work to their own schedule so would be willing to consider jobs that are not a straight fitting. I know that some in my area charge a call out fee but they tended to be the bigger companies that covered the whole nation so a local based small company would be the better choice, I would never pay anyone just to look at the job.

Here are a couple of links that might be of interest..

CAI

APSI