NTL digital noise (pops + clicks)

B

bunkerbuster2

I have an NTL 1000 STB and the output pops and clicks like a bas*ard anoying me greatly in the process

(sounds a bit like digital clipping or sync loss)

It only really seems to happen in "Links" between programs.. IE the talking blurb on E4

This is getting on my ti*s as the missus watches E4 quite a lot.

Anyone shed any light?

Originally posted by bunkerbuster2

This is getting on my ti*s as the missus watches E4 quite a lot.
I'm right with you there!
If my wife watched E4 I'd have her put down. :rolleyes:

But a serious answer. This effect is normally caused by too high a signal level. Either the signal going in is too high (fit an attenuator or a long length of cable) or else the audio coming out is too high (turn it down or fit an attenuator).

Let us know if this cures it. Feedback is helpful so we know the exact answer next time someone asks.

Fman

Originally posted by Fernsehman
But a serious answer. This effect is normally caused by too high a signal level. Either the signal going in is too high (fit an attenuator or a long length of cable) or else the audio coming out is too high (turn it down or fit an attenuator).

Let us know if this cures it. Feedback is helpful so we know the exact answer next time someone asks.

Fman

Anyone know how to turn the audio output of an NTL box down?

Its not possible to turn down the audio output anymore. Its set within the code.

If you press these buttons in this sequence it will tell you what your volume level is set at (should be 0 dB). page up, page down, blue button. You can turn the volume down if it isn't set at zero by entering the engineers menu's.

I've been experiencing exactly the same clicking,glad to here its the ntl box.Didnt stop me thinking it was my amp ,and spending a good hour going through all my connections!
My menu says my volume is set to +10,so how do i turn it down to 0?

if i remember rightly i watched the bloke when he came to fix mine and to get access to the engineers pages he unplugged power cable put it back in then held his finger on the right cursor on the actual box it was either right or select lol but was one of them as he was telling me if ever get any signal probs then turn off and back on holding down down arrow on box and this forces signal through just what he told me

by the way you can also veiw loads of stuff on the eng menus he he

My box used to do that too when I had NTL... it doesn't do it with a freeview box!

Originally posted by cybersoga
My box used to do that too when I had NTL... it doesn't do it with a freeview box!

Likewise.

It does on BBC a lot.

That's one of the reasons I got rid of NTL,plus the blanking after midnight,every night and crashing etc etc.

Then I got Sky and the pic on Sky Sports and Five is poorer than VHS.

Freeview has got superb pic and sound,the best yet :clap: .

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom