Dismiss Notice
We're migrating the forum software to the next major version and this will require the site to be down for the best part of Monday 16th.
More details here. Apologies for the inconvenience.

NTL digi box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by stoner, Nov 2, 2005.

1. stoner

stoner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I have a new media pc , going to run MS media centre 2005
    I have bought the following card
    http://www.scan.co.uk/Products/ProductInfo.asp?WebProductID=228955

it has an s video in and out connection

I want to connect an NTL Pace digital box model number DV221KN, part code 541-4905300. to the PC

I plan to use the IR blaster recommended to me here that comes with the MS remote OEM pack to change the stations for recording reasons.

Now as the graphics card is not a tuner card, but I will be able to pop a scart to s video converter on the the pace box so i can input into the graphics card via the s video in, as I have yet to see MS media centre inaction I can only hope that this will work, I can then put the analogue out from this box into my analogue tuner cards, so i can watch and record , hopefully

Does this sound possible?

Note Triggaar and rdhir and others were a great help when choosing the bits, I understand that what I am calling a digital signal is really analogue, no need to explain it to me again.

For sound on the Pace box, it has an optical out and my motherboard has an optical in.

2. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    Yes Scart to S-video will work , but the svideo out will have to go into the tuner card , not the graphics card :)
    Also if you want two inputs , you will need two NTL boxes !

3. stoner

stoner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    is that due to the mpeg decoder etc? is there any reason why I cant use the graphics card, what would the s vidoe in on the graphics card be for ? would it not display the signal?

4. jimbob19

jimbob19

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +50
    The NTL signal must go int0 a tuner card - if you want MCE2005 to work with epg , recording etc . Otherwise all you are doing is displaying video from your NTL box and bypassing all the MCE functionality

5. stoner

stoner

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    great , thanks for the info,
    note the ntl box has about 15 stations I get from the co-ax analoge side, I can have 50 odd stations on the "digital side" so i can watch one or the other, I'f i'm recording from the digital side , I'm limited to 15 station to watch