NTL di4001nc - where's the Audio?

GreenBhoy

Established Member
Reaction score
Just had my 2 week old NTL STB (Di4010) replaced with a "new" Di4001 as the old one was dead and showing 88:88 on readout. My question is simple:

Where is the Audio? I have a plasma with no speakers (I use an AV Amp) so I can get picture from RGB Scart but no audio... There is no Digital Audio out or Analogue phono out on the box.....

The engineer says that these are the new boxes with superfluous items removed.... :rolleyes:

How the hell do I get audio into my AV Amp? :confused:
Have I been sold a pup? :(

Many thanks inadvance for your help....

Regards GreenBhoy

Penny pinching by NTL, those boxes have been around for quite a while.

You will need to tap into the audio from the scart socket, there are ready made cables for such a situation such a scart to scart with twin phono break out athough you probably use a different method to get the video into the plasma.

Thanks for the quick reply Starburst.....

Thought as much re NTL giving me an old box...

Can't I just get them to replace with something newer with audio - the existing one does not seem 'fit for purpose' or am I expecting too much from nthell.....

Regards

You can ask but NTL own the hardware and only loan it for the duration and are under no obligation to give every subscriber the same spec STB.
As the engineer said the suits at NTL probably thought anything other than audio via the scart was pointless which is worrying from a digital TV provider!

I would certainly get in touch with CS and explain how the original STB matched the hardware you were using (amp/plasma etc), you might get a kindred spirit who understands the problem and could authorise a swap.

Engineer booked for tomorrow to arrange swapout for a box with Audio - fingers crossed :smashin:

Finally got an NTL box with audio :thumbsup: - had a tough time getting them to change it (as they said that I needed an old box and that they dont get them in anymore)

Excellent:)

Depressing though when they have to find older hardware since new models are not as highly specified:(

I have the top scart for RGB (converted to component) and the bottom scart broken out into the two audio connections (it would appear that both scarts output video and audio).

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom