ntl codes - can anyone help?

dts_boy

Prominent Member
Reaction score
as per title really - i have a samsung ntl cable box (works with normal remotes and doesn't need a redy eye) and am trying to learn the ir codes into my marantz rc5200 remote. they learn fine but when you come to use the remote, each button will only work once - eg if you try and press say, 100, it will only go to 10. anyone know of a reason for this or do you have a set of codes you could email me?

many thanks in advance!!!

Just to check, is your setup:

a) you've got all 0-9 buttons set up, but when you press 1, then 0, then 0, it does not work?
Or
b) is it you've got specific channel buttons setup which link to buttons 1 and 0, but presses the 0 twice?

LFCRules said:
Just to check, is your setup:

a) you've got all 0-9 buttons set up, but when you press 1, then 0, then 0, it does not work?
Or
b) is it you've got specific channel buttons setup which link to buttons 1 and 0, but presses the 0 twice?

its situation a) basically. if i press 1, 0, 0 i would get ch 10. if i try to increment volume up it would only go up by one and then not repsond.
thanks for responding, im hoping this is something fairly basic then?

Not that this info is going to help ;), but I've got one of the newer Samsung NTL boxes now, and use it with my Pronto TSU7000 without issues. The previous NTL box I had was one of the ones that needed the red-eye and I found when using my old RC5200 it worked a treat. The only issues I've had with either is the learning of the NTL IR signals. I did spend time getting the codes properly learnt. Sometimes having to relearn them over and over again.

So I guess my only suggestion is to wipe the learnt codes, and try again.

Fingers crossed it does work, or someone else will come up with a more positive and contructive reply :D

Cheers

Andy

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom