1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL cable via projector.....

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by Pete Delaney, Mar 7, 2004.

1. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi folks,
    Just a quickie, I tried to connect an NTL Cable Box to my Z1 via scart adapter (adapter is scart on one side and 2phono/svid/composite on the other side). I connected an svid out of the back of the adapter and 2 phonos into my amp for prologic sound. The sound was fine but the piccy was naff quality and black&white. Tried both scart sockets at the back of the NTL Box but the result was the same...Anyone got any experience in this field? Would the result be the same if I got a scart to component cable?

Thanks in advance,
    Pete...:smoke:

2. GlennR

GlennR

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +4
    Hi Pete.

I have been through the same S Vid - Black & White only senario, albeit with different projectors (LCD/DLP and CRT). The problem lies not with the adapter but the source scart. In this case NTL. The scart on the NTL box is not wired with S vid in mind and thus gives a B&W only output from the adapter. For best results try a Scart - RGB interface or a scart to RGB into a 15D connector.

www.keene.co.uk do a large range which will suit your application.

Hope this helps.

Glenn

3. Pete Delaney

Pete Delaney

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0