ntl cable to dvdr to tv

G

graham1849

Connection advice please.

I have ntl cable (Samsung smt-2100c), a superb panasonic dvdr( dmr-e55) and a phillips 28pw6008 television.

Can someone tell me what the ideal way to connect these so I can still veiw on terrestial tv whilst recording on a cable channel and visa versa. At present I am not convinced I get the best pictures on either through interferance(bbc2 is unwatchable on terrestial). My main connections are all by scart cables. Cheers

A

auto

Hi
Im not sure if this will be any help to you but here i go.
After you set up you cable box,dvdr & t.v do the following. Get a 2way splitter and split the cable feed, one going to your samsung box and the other to your dvdr. By doing this you will even receive t/text if you dont already. You should now be able to still view on terrestial tv whilst recording on a cable channel and visa versa,This is what i do. Im not to good at explaining this but i have done my best. If your not sure what i mean here is a site with a few diagrams.

Go to this site: http://www.redremote.co.uk/dvdr80.html
Now go to the section: (Obtaining GuidePlus updates on NTL STBs when you don't have a UHF antenna feed available).
Under this section follow the diagrams on connecting your NTL box to your
dvdr, ignore the stuff about guide plus ect. You should now be able to still view on terrestial tv whilst recording on a cable channel and visa versa.
This is what i do , I hope you get it sorted.

Top Bottom