1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL Cable pic of center

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by TVHEAD, Dec 3, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TVHEAD

TVHEAD
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    Can someone please shed some light on this problem
    While wathing NTL my picture is of center, this is noticeable when subtitles come on screen please see link for samle picture,

My setup is
    Philips :32pw9545/05
    NTL new samsung box

I have selected wide screen option on my NTL set top box and also on my T.V. Double checked the settings and tried auto select on my t.v. picture setting please help this is driving me nuts,

FRs
    Colin.

[​IMG]

2. jtf

jtf

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +7
    are you sure your aspect isn't set to zoom

3. scooby do

scooby do

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Philips suffer from RGB shift, some tv's allow you to adjust the centering when an RGB source is selected. Do you have such an option? Try setting box to output svid or composite that way we can see if it is RGB shift

4. terminator2k2

terminator2k2

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    hi there not that this is goona help you.i got called out to an older philips set with exactley the same problem, but when i ran a signal generator through the tuner everything was fine. so i told him to phone his cable provider, but it would of cost him a call out charge by telewest so he was adamant it was the tv so just to satisfy the customer i moved the picture to the left slightly just so the programmes that were off were ok. i then got another call saying that some programmes were to far to the left.(this was because id set it like that.) so in the end i reduced the picture width and centered the pic, customer was happy and so was i apart from the 1 inch band on the left and right side of the tv. but i swear to this day that either the cable box was at fault or the cable provider. to this day ive not heard from him since.

5. lynx

lynx

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +301
    This is the third thread you've posted, please post only once.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.