NTL cable into 2 tv sets. Possible?

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by The Duke, May 27, 2005.

1. The Duke

The Duke

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    We have an NTL cable which at one time, provided both tv and internet.
    It was dicontinued and the set top box taken out when the previous tenants moved out.
    The line is fine and provides bbc & itv with a simple widget from Maplins.
    Now we have a 2nd tv thats a plasma that looks awful so I was wondering:
    is there another widget / splitter (?) that can be bought that will bring the tv into two tv sets in 2 different rooms?

Thought is anyone will know, you gays & gals will!

Thanks

Tim

2. Dolus

Dolus

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +35
    I assume the Maplin widget converts the F connector on the end of the NTL cable to an ordinary coaxial plug to enable it to be plugged into the back of your telly.

If this is the case an ariel booster/splitter should do the trick. You plug your ariel into this and usually take between 2 & 4 feeds from that. Most plug into the mains as they have an amplifier to boost each outward signal.

They are readily available from various shops including Maplins & Argos, some coming in kits that contain the extra relevant cables.

3. Starburst

Starburst

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +979
    Yep, I had a similar "plug" that allowed me to connect the unused NTL socket directly to a TV via a standard aeriel/rf cable and access the analogue "free" channels.

Given the lack of 16:9 content on the analogue channels perhaps a digital source for the Plasma will make the most of it's capabilities.