1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL cable box

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by bungitdin, Dec 17, 2003.

1. bungitdin

bungitdin

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Having spent the last few years swelling the bank accounts of ntl's management team, I'd like to claim something back. Especially as their current digital tv offering is rubbish - interactive does not work reliably, no teletext etc.

Anyone know of a good reliable box that can be connected to the ntl box to 'free-up' a few more channels?

2. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    This is impossible due to how the service works, pretty much like trying to hack Sky.

Analogue was easy with a test signal generator, but the Digital stuff is impossible.

3. Techno

Techno
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +2
    I've heard of people who have done it.

Setting aside the moral issues of defrauding them for one minute, I wouldn't want to diddle a company who had a cable connected directly from them to my house - unlike OnDigital which was hacked to death, NTL know who and where you are!!!

4. Jason S

Jason S

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    bungitdin,

You may get more responses / info if you allowed PM / e-mail as what you're asking for is considered piracy and contravenes the forum rules.