Dismiss Notice
Attention AVForums app / Tapatalk users
Sadly GDPR means that, from 25th, we can no longer offer access to AVForums via the branded app or Tapatalk.
Click here for more information.

NTL and XBox live

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by phenom2003, Dec 27, 2003.

1. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having serious headaches with NTL and an XBox. Firstly when I asked for advice on connecting my XBox to the live service, I was repeatadly told that I would definatly have to get a broadband and console package, which I knew was false. Question is, how can this be done, I have tried an ICS setup but it refuses to work (all settings have been set-up and works fine with another PC). I now want to try a router setup but on a budget of £50 max including all cables, this would include the router and cables to connect the router to modem (usb and ethernet ports), and ethernet leads to connect 2 pcs and an XBox together, could anybody give me some help, and a place to buy them from.

Thanks,
    Rich

2. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +276
    What I do is when I use the xbox I take the PC ethernet out of the modem replace it with the xbox ethernet, turn the modem off for about 10 seconds and then play on line.
    If i want to use the PC I do the same remove xbox ethernet and replace it with pc ethernet and turn the modem off for about 10 seconds.

3. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a router for £39.99 from pc world and it works with live this is what i did.
    i made up my own cables just got some rj45 ends from maplins etc and some cat5 cable do a search on ask jeeves and it shows you how the ends should go job done