1. Join Now

AVForums.com uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NTL and XBox live

Discussion in 'Cable TV & Virgin Media TV' started by phenom2003, Dec 27, 2003.

1. phenom2003

phenom2003

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    I've been having serious headaches with NTL and an XBox. Firstly when I asked for advice on connecting my XBox to the live service, I was repeatadly told that I would definatly have to get a broadband and console package, which I knew was false. Question is, how can this be done, I have tried an ICS setup but it refuses to work (all settings have been set-up and works fine with another PC). I now want to try a router setup but on a budget of £50 max including all cables, this would include the router and cables to connect the router to modem (usb and ethernet ports), and ethernet leads to connect 2 pcs and an XBox together, could anybody give me some help, and a place to buy them from.

Thanks,
    Rich

2. tony kop77

tony kop77

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +163
    What I do is when I use the xbox I take the PC ethernet out of the modem replace it with the xbox ethernet, turn the modem off for about 10 seconds and then play on line.
    If i want to use the PC I do the same remove xbox ethernet and replace it with pc ethernet and turn the modem off for about 10 seconds.

3. derekrcross

derekrcross
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    you can get a router for £39.99 from pc world and it works with live this is what i did.
    i made up my own cables just got some rj45 ends from maplins etc and some cat5 cable do a search on ask jeeves and it shows you how the ends should go job done