NTL - analogue v digital - for Plasmas?

H

Harryson

Calling NTL users with Plasma (esp. Panny)......

I gather from the NTL engineer who installed my Broadband before Xmas that NTL is not converting that many from their analogue to digital services (for obvious price/package reasons!)

Having just ordered my Panasonic 37 5B, and currently running NTL analogue, I was wondering does anyone have any experience of running their plasma using the analogue NTL and their digital service? Does it actually make a big difference to quality of picture?

ie: do i really need to upgrade to NTL digital to be happy with my Panasonics TV performance....?

Cheers

NTL Digital is an enormous improvement over analogue on an ordinary CRT TV as far as I am concerned, both in picture and sound quality. On a 42" screen I would imagine the difference is even more obvious

Definitely worth upgrading in my opinion.

Monty.

hi not sure how you would get rgb out of the analogue boxes i cant remember having scart on mine, but the digital has rgb scart,
i get a very good picture using ntl digital through rgb to vga

hope this helps

Cheers for the feedback guys. You're right there's no scart output on the steam driven analogue box I currently have, so I guess I'll have to see what the current upgrade deal is from NTL...

Monty - So do you run NTL digibox through RGB-vga JS box and then DVD component to component plasma to get the best results?

H

Actually don't have my new plasma yet Harry (hoping to get a Panny / Tosh 42" series 5) . . . shouldn't be long now though I hope :D

I am intending to connect NTL digital to the VGA port on the panel via a converter as you say (either JS box or syncblaster cable), and will be connecting my DVD via component to take advantage of progressive scan.

Originally posted by Harryson
Calling NTL users with Plasma (esp. Panny)......

I gather from the NTL engineer who installed my Broadband before Xmas that NTL is not converting that many from their analogue to digital services (for obvious price/package reasons!)

They should slash and burn the analogue people like Sky did. It doesn't make sense to make it more cost effective to stay with analogue.

ie: do i really need to upgrade to NTL digital to be happy with my Panasonics TV performance....?

Well, without going to digital you are never going to get a 16:9 signal on your plasma are you?

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom