NTL 10Mb Broadband is now officially Unlimited!

mickrick

Ex Member
Reaction score
The 75Gb pm useage has now gone unlimited on NTL's flagship 10Mb service. Details can be found here.

Hmmm, interesting news that. I'm on 2 meg, and will welcome the 4 meg, but does that mean I won't be getting 10 meg later this year? I thought when they introduced 10 Mb last year, they said they would get this out to all 2 Mb customers as well by the end of this year? Or am I talking :censored: and my memory is just going :D

LFCRules said:
Hmmm, interesting news that. I'm on 2 meg, and will welcome the 4 meg, but does that mean I won't be getting 10 meg later this year? I thought when they introduced 10 Mb last year, they said they would get this out to all 2 Mb customers as well by the end of this year? Or am I talking :censored: and my memory is just going :D

That is what I heard, too, LFCRules. I am on 2 as well, and I thought we would be moved to 10 sometime later in the year.

Silly NTL/Virgin/VirgNTL/NTLVirg/whatever! ;) LOL

LFCRules said:

I'm on 1MB and for some reason I seem to remember the possibility of being upgraded to 3MB in the future...maybe i'm talking :censored: too:rotfl:

1 meg is to become 2 ( CAPPED)

2 to become 4 ( CAPPED)

4 to become 10 MEG! ( UNLIMITED YIPPE) no limits sorry could not risist :devil:

Let me hear you say Yeah!
Let me hear you say Yeah!

No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no limit!
No no, no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no limit!

No no limits, we'll reach for the sky!
No valley to deep, no maintain to high
No no limits, won't give up the fight
We do what we want and we do it with pride

They still have a "fair usage" policy though.

aye.....heh, unlimited providing you dont use it unfairly......or in other words dont do more than round 70-80Gb a month...lol

basically means they can advertise it as unlimited, but strangle your service if you are going past a fair usage.....

which i guess at the moment, while HD downloads are still not prolific in a legal sense means they could easily say more than 70Gb a month is unnecessary for a private user....once HD downloads are plentiful tho in a legal way, they would have to rethink that policy.....or lose a lot of customers...lol

I read elsewhere that it will be something like 400 up, can't remember where I saw that though.

Lawrenzini said:
ISP's are working very hard to stop Bit torrent, once they have dispahced that they will let you download all you want, because nobody will have anything to download.

You've obviously never heard of binary news groups ! :devil:

Lawrenzini said:
I've heard of, I have to admit I dont know much about them though. Apart from that you usually have to pay, which means giving over credit card details and losing your anonimity.

and what are you hiding that makes you want to remain anonymous? :devil:

You think you are anonymous when on the internet ?

Don't think so. Your ISP has records of what you do on the internet and when, which they are obliged to keep by law, and which they are obliged to hand over by law to the police or any agent of the government.

Nick_UK said:
You think you are anonymous when on the internet ?

Don't think so. Your ISP has records of what you do on the internet and when, which they are obliged to keep by law, and which they are obliged to hand over by law to the police or any agent of the government.

yep

hmm...so joining Red Hot possibly wasnt such a good idea then? is that what you are saying?....

:rotfl:

I really have a good chuckle when people talk about anonymity of the internet. It's the biggest myth going.

any p2p with inbuilt encryption e.g W.A.S.T.E and the latest builds of Azureus does much more to allow anonymity especially if used in conjunction with a plugin like SafePeer

rOAdeh said:
any p2p with inbuilt encryption e.g W.A.S.T.E and the latest builds of Azureus does much more to allow anonymity especially if used in conjunction with a plugin like SafePeer

Your ISP logs everything you do. When, what, how and to whom. They have to do it by law. That's how the people "sharing" movies illegally in the US got caught - their IP addresses were logged.

Yes, but they can't prove that you are downloading illegal content without examining the data. Now i know encryption isn't unbreakable but they are unlikely to spend the time doing it when there are many other p2p users out there who aren't using encryption.

Set up correctly, there's no reason why you would have to run it on any of the 'standard' ports either, and that's before even looking at other slightly more extreme options such as tunneling.

Given enough effort, you're correct I don't think anyone is 'anonymous' but you can certainly effectively make yourself it. The actual idea is not too dissimilar to that of crime prevention, having an alarm or a lock won't stop the crime but it's more likely that they will go after someone without that added security.

Well it's not usually the downloaders that they go for - it's the uploaders. And the way that you catch them is to pose as just another downloader.

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom