Nteworking Sky HD

Itchel

Standard Member
I am considering getting a sky HD box, mainly for the sports channels, however have a few quires.

1- Can the HD be networked to work off a number of different HD TVs at once, obviously using the same channel?
2- If the above is possible can the eye be used so that channels etc can be changed from a different room to where the box is?
3- Is it possible to wireless network HD?
4- If none or some of the above works can we use the HD on one TV next to the HD Box and network via the RF outlet and also get the eye facility but not with High definition.

Any help much appreciated

.Griff.

I am considering getting a sky HD box, mainly for the sports channels, however have a few quires.

1- Can the HD be networked to work off a number of different HD TVs at once, obviously using the same channel?
2- If the above is possible can the eye be used so that channels etc can be changed from a different room to where the box is?
3- Is it possible to wireless network HD?
4- If none or some of the above works can we use the HD on one TV next to the HD Box and network via the RF outlet and also get the eye facility but not with High definition.

Any help much appreciated

This thread - http://www.avforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=414293 - has more info on outputting HD to more than one TV.

CaffeineJunkie

Novice Member
You can run one tv from the HDMI and a second from the component connectors.

Run component and audio to your second TV.
If you want to control remotely (via the eye) you will need to run an RF cable as well.

You can just use the RF (like the old sky boxes) but that obviously wouldnt be HD.

A couple of manufactures including philips have been talking about wireless hdmi but i dont know if they have released yet, and I would expect prices of £300

Itchel

Standard Member
Have followed the forum you suggested below and that refers to CAT 5 cabling, this seems a good option as only one cable should be required and can run over reasonably long distance, max we will need is 60m onany one run, what connectors would i need at the TV end, also how many wires in the cable?

Do not wish to run RF + audio + component cables around the house as need to feed to 4 TV's in total.

Does anyone have any knowledge for feeding the network around the house via the electricity power cables?

Thanks

ITCHEL

CaffeineJunkie

Novice Member
The cat 5 option does not mean ethernet. As far as I know nobody is sending hd via electrical wiring (but I havent looked into it).

From what I saw the thread actually said it needed 2 cat 5 cables. Cat 5 has 4 twisted pairs. Component would require 5.

Wiring your closest tv with component, and the remote one with a longer hdmi cable would result in just 1 cable.

Either option still requires an RF cable if you want to use the magic eye.

Also if you want to run HD to 4 panels then you are going to need some kind of splitter.

Does anyone have any knowledge for feeding the network around the house via the electricity power cables?

ITCHEL

What? :confused:

Let me get this straight - you want to run a HD signal around your house using standard twin & earth electrical cabling??

waring192

What?

Let me get this straight - you want to run a HD signal around your house using standard twin & earth electrical cabling??

Think he means the homeplug idea but i read somewere that it can only carry TCP?

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: Q Acoustics Q3030i, Humax Aura, Roku Streambar & WandaVision Reviews and more...
Top Bottom