NTE2000 ADSL Filtered Faceplate with Sky box

danvan999

Standard Member
Hi

I'm new here, so hope I have posted in the correct section

I have just fitted a NTE2000 ADSL Filtered Faceplate based on the suggestion of Talktalk and it has really helped my broadband speed.

The problem I have now is that since doing so, my 2 sky boxes are saying they are no longer connected to the telephone line (they definitely were before)

Is there anything obvious that could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

ukprometheus

have you taken the filters off the extensions as all filtering will be done by the nte2000 faceplate.
if this is not the case how do you have evrything plugged in ??

Hi

I'm new here, so hope I have posted in the correct section

I have just fitted a NTE2000 ADSL Filtered Faceplate based on the suggestion of Talktalk and it has really helped my broadband speed.

The problem I have now is that since doing so, my 2 sky boxes are saying they are no longer connected to the telephone line (they definitely were before)

Is there anything obvious that could be causing this?

Many thanks in advance for any replies

Kristian

Broadband connection doesn't need a filter but the telephones (inc sky) do. In theory you will be connecting your broadband to the unfiltered side of the new faceplate and the telephones (inc sky) to the filtered side.

The question "How is everything plugged in?" is trying to establish if you connected you devices correctly; so, how are things connected? router, phones and extension sockets?

It could be that the phone extensions are no longer connected to the master socket.

storm05

Standard Member
You don't need filters at your extensions if you've got an NTE 2000 because all extensions which run from the back of the NTE 2000 are already filtered (ie, broadband will only work out of the NTE 2000).

Sounds like there's a problem with the IDC terminals on the back of the NTE 2000, either wrong wires terminated or they aren't quite making. Test the sockets with a phone to see if you have dial tone.

The latest video from AVForums

Podcast: CES 2021 Special - Sony, LG, Panasonic, Samsung, TCL and Hisense TV news and more...
Top Bottom