ns900

S

sund

I went back to shop to have ns900 'fixed.' They took 30 minutes. When I went home, I found that RGB output was disabled and there was still switching in video output. s-video output was fine.

So I took player back, the engineer opened up the player and said he had put the link in the wrong place and 'corrected' the problem.

I went home and again the problem was still there, including no auto select on av source as millhouse mentions.

So I rang up Sony UK on Thursday morning 13 Dec. Guess what? They knew NOTHING about the problem. Anyway the chap said I can get another Sony authorised dealer to look at the player if I couldn't solve the problem with the retailer. I asked about a refund and he said my contract is with the retailer and they will sort it out.

So I took the player back for a 3rd time. I was told they would look at it again, that I should leave the player with them. NO I said. I want it sorted out NOW. You don't pay £400+ then put up with this nonsense. I told them that the player was defective from day 1. Under my statutory rights I was entitled to a refund. By the way it is not true that problems with this player are limited to 2 tv models, namely Sony and Philips widescreen models. I have a 4:3 Sony TV which has 16:9 mode. The retailers said my TV was then the problem and they would contact Sony. Sony didn't recognise that my tv would cause problems. Finally after waiting over an hour I got a refund.

What do I do now? I loved the picture quality on the ns900. I would like the same model without the 'fix' When will that become available? Perhaps retailers can help as they will notice the new stock without any fixes, when they do there multi-region upgrades.

Can anyone advice me on a different player?
Is it worth importing a player from say Hongkong or the USA there model has progressive scan as well.:(

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom