ns900 tp HS1 - What connection?

micks_address

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi folks,

I currently have a Sony NS900 dvd player which i plan to connect to my Sony HS1 projector which is arriving sometime in the next two weeks. Leaving progressive scan out of it and considering costs are tight - whats the best connection for me to use?

I'll probably start with s-video. The questions i have is on the quality of the cable to use. Do i need an expensive one? Does picture quality degrade with longer lengths of cable?

Is anyone using the Sony cable to get a component cable feed to the projector and whats the quality like in relation to s-video?

Cheers,
Mick

Mick,

I wouldn't use a cheap s-video cable if I were running it over a length of 5-10m. I bought an Oxygen free 10m s-video cable for around £30 (from Richer Sounds) which as far as I am concerned does the job excellently. I decided it was best not to buy the £9.99 10m s-video cable from maplins :)

As for component/s-video connections, yes there is an improvement, but for me personally it was marginal. Others have had different results, it is probably all down to the different DVD players (Do a search within this forum and you'll see the posts). Let your own eyes be the judge, if the image looks OK to you, then that is all that matters.

cheers

Gavin

Thanks Gavin - I suppose its like all these things - its very subjective.....

The latest video from AVForums

Is 4K Blu-ray Worth It?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom