NS900 re-appears!!!

Discussion in 'Blu-ray & DVD Players & Recorders' started by astonbilla, Apr 12, 2002.

1. astonbilla

astonbilla

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +37
    Yup this player has magically reappeared on the Sony uk website after being taken off.

Has the problem been solved and new batches made ready for shipping????Or have i missed the boat completely

2. Baggy69

Baggy69

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3
    I have got one off these new ones, got it about a month ago. The good news is that i have had no problems and i have tried it out with a few 4:3 discs.

3. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    yep and its on the sony.ie web site as well - first time i've seen it there. I bought mine in february and it still had the av switching problem but the dealer got it sorted no problems. Fantastic machine!,
    Mick

4. Rochdale

Rochdale
    Standard Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +1
    I got mine after they started supplying units with the problem fixed, I haven't had any trouble with it yet.

5. russraff

russraff

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +53
    When was the time these units started shipping with their problems fixed? I ask as I am thinking of getting one, or a second hand '7700. Cant make up my mind - any advice?

Russell

6. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    Hi there,
    According to Sony any units purchases post February should not have the av switching problem.

The only trouble is that some dealers may have machines that were in stock for some time before this. That's what happened with my machine. I got it towards the end of february and it showed the problem. It was a simple enough fix though and the machine is top quality.

I upgraded from an NS700 after hearing all the praise the NS900 was getting and to be fair apart from the switching problem its an excellent machine. The rgb does appear a little dark on on some dvd's but this can easily be adjusted. Pictures seem a bit richer than the NS700 - colours seem deeper and more vibrant and the pciture is very sharp.

Hope that helps a bit - as you can probably guess i won't be upgrading again for while.

Cheers,
    Mick

7. Guest

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    What is this switching problem and does it happen on all TVs. I brought a NS900V back in early Jan, its got a two year guarantee on it but I would like to check if its got switching problems. Unfortunatally Ive only got an old small 4:3 TV though (Sony). Do I need to find a friiend with a newer TV to check it out. As eventually were get a wide screen TV, just waiting to see if smaller plasmas come out and hoping DVB will be more available (thats if terestrial digital lasts of course.)

Thankyou,

David

8. micks_address

micks_address

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +222
    do a search for ns900 in the dvd hardware forums and you should get plenty of results - the fault only appears if your using a scart cable and outputting rgb from the player to the tv

Mick