NR609 vs RX-V671 vs Marantz 1602

Discussion in 'AV Receivers & Amplifiers' started by D-P, Jan 7, 2012.

Tags:
  1. D-P

D-P
    Novice Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +0
    Hi all,

I'm looking for a nice receiver to create a nice 5.1 setup. I'm planning to go for the Boston A-serie. 2x Boston A26 frontspeaker, a Boston centerspeaker and 2x Boston A-25 rearspeaker. I've been to several shops but noone of them were able to let me audition all three of them. I want to connect the PC to the receiver so I can stream movies/music to my plasma. (Panasonic p42g30) So I don't mind the internet or airplay stuff since i can use my PC for those. I want to use this set for both music and movies. Which receiver will give me best the stereo sound? Salesmen recommended me to go for the Marantz 1402/1602. They said that Boston and Marantz are a good match. However I find the Yamaha and Onkyo very interesting. Which receiver will you pick? I can get the 3 for almost the same price so that's not a dealbreaker. Please let me know which one you would pick.

2. davepuma

davepuma
    Distinguished Member

Products Owned:
    Products Wanted:
    Ratings:
    +3,505
    I wouldn't go for the Marantz models unless I had space constraints. I would imagine that the performance between the Onkyo and Yamaha are pretty similar. Pick the one that has the right number of inputs and features you need. I'm a Yamaha fan so would probably go for that but don't let that sway you. That's the trouble with forums..... Buy the one you want, not the one that forum users own.