NR1710 broken HDMI output workaround for reciever setup

nodyah

Novice Member
Reaction score
Hello hoping someone can help.

I have an NR1710 to Epson projector. Recently due to a power spike the HDMI output on the reciever no longer works. The HDMI inputs and sound processing are still all working fine. Using an HDMI splitter I am able to send one output to the reciever and the other to the projector. This works great.

My question is regards to the NR1710 setup menu.

With no HDMI output I don't get the setup menus but not sure if these are also available on the composite output NR1710?

Is it possible to make changes to all the setup just using the front panel display albeit a bit clunky?

If the unit is already connected to your network then either the smartphone app or the web control page could be used to access the settings.

You'll need to find the IP address to access the web settings but without the HDMI menu you'll need to get it another way, hopefully your router setup pages have a list of connected devices

The app should scan the network and find the amp without needing the IP address. This is a link to the android app, I'm sure you could find the same app on the Apple store if needed.

The latest video from AVForums

TV Buying Guide - Which TV Is Best For You?
Subscribe to our YouTube channel
Back
Top Bottom